Our Community Place Needs Your Support
You Can Also Donate Through Mail
Make checks payable to…
Our Community Place
17 East Johnson Street
Harrisonburg, VA 22802
If you are unable to make a monetary contribution, we also have a large list of supplies that we need as well.
Want to Know How Your Money Makes a Difference?
As a regular or one-time donor, you are partnering with us to promote personal growth and community well-being.
Here are some things that your partnership is providing for the community.
- $22 pays for envelopes and stamps to send letters to people in jail for one month.
$55 pays for one person to eat for a month at OCP.
- $200 pays for OCP to take community members to see Shakespeare at Blackfriars (in Staunton) on pay-what-you-will night for one year.
- $660 pays for one person to eat for a year at OCP.
- $800 pays for OCP’s internet cost for one year (providing local and long distance phone and internet to community members for free).
- $2,300 pays for OCP’s propane bill (for cooking) for one year.
- $3,000 pays for OCP’s electric bill for one year.
Our Community Place is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- You can view our 990 Form and verify our non-profit status through GuideStar.
- All donations can be itemized on your tax return.
Any information supplied to Our Community Place (OCP) by donors will be used solely to fulfill their donation and shall not be shared for any reason unless permission is granted by the donor to share such information. All requests to remain anonymous shall be honored. OCP does not sell or share donor lists. Donors who supply OCP with their postal address or email address may be contacted periodically for solicitation purposes and/or with information regarding upcoming events. Donors may request to be permanently removed from OCP’s mailing list by contacting us via email, phone or postal mail. All requests to be removed from OCP’s mailing list shall be honored. OCP does not participate in telephone fundraising activities.